- HDM-4 Version 2 training
course for 2016: planned training courses
- 11th April 2016 - 15th April 2016: TRL, near London, UK - course delivered in English [more] * postponed *
- 30th May 2016 - 10th June 2016: ENPC, Paris, France - course delivered in English [more] * just announced *
- 14th June 2016 - 17th June 2016: Basic level course by ICH, Santiago, Chile - course delivered in Spanish [more]
- 20th June 2016 - 23rd June 2016: Advanced level course by ICH, Santiago, Chile - course delivered in Spanish [more]
Other course dates will be added as they are planned. For more information about these courses and other training options see the Training and Events page.
Contact Details: In order for HDMGlobal and their partners to respond to your enquiries efficiently please note the following contact email addresses:
HDMGlobal Sales Teams:
TRL Software activation team, UK - email@example.com
HDM-4 Software Support (UK based) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the Knowledge Base articles which often address the majority of enquiries.
- HDMGlobal Newletter: Issue 2 of the HDM-4 Newsletter produced by HDMGlobal can now be downloaded from the free downloads page.
- HDM-4 Research in top 20 list for
global development : HDM-4 research has been included
in the "top 20 favourite impact stories showing how UK research
is improving the lives of people around the world.
These stories were selected from the 6,975 impact case studies submitted to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) – the system that’s used to assess the research quality of all UK universities. Our judges reviewed this massive database and picked the top 20 most impressive examples of UK research contributing to global development."
ukcds.org.uk: Road investment appraisal models are used to evaluate and optimise road networks. These models have been particularly ...
- HDMGlobal and the PIARC
World Road Congress, Seoul, South Korea :
HDMGlobal will be attending this event during
the week of 2nd Nov 2015 to 6th Nov 2015. We
will have a number of activities during the
- Wednesday 4th Nov 2015 - Morning: HDM-4 Workshop One: Road Management and HDM-4 [more details to follow]
- Thursday 5th Nov 2015 - Morning: HDM-4 Workshop Two: PFC, Paris, France - course delivered in French [more details to follow]
- PIARC Exhibition Stand: HDMGlobal members will be on the stand to talk about HDM-4 and answer any questions you may have.
The details of the workshops are currently being finalised and will be published shortly. HDMGlobal would love to see you at one of these events.
- Good News for HDM-4 Users Present and Future
At the October 2014 meeting in Seoul of the PIARC Council the extension of the HDMGlobal concession service agreement was agreed for another 5-year period (2015-2020).
This decision will give users, both present and future, the confidence that PIARC intends to continue the promotion and support of the HDM-4 Tools with HDMGlobal providing the sales, support, training, and software maintenance and development required as it has done so successfully to date with the dissemination of around 2,000 copies of the program suite to over 100 countries.
- New Article: A new
article has been added to the Usage Article section
titled "An application of HDM-4 Version 2 in Yunnan
Province (Democratic Republic of China)" which is
an article describing a project which focused on
the sustainable maintenance of a 23,000km network
in the Yunnan Province of China. The article is
available in English and French:
<read article in English>
<read article in French>
- New Articles: A
new article has been added to the Usage Article
section titled "Using HDM-4 to investigate the marginal
effects of maintenance funding with a range of budget
scenarios (UK)" which is an executive sumamry a
project conducted for the Department for Transport,
UK to perform a strategic analysis of the network
and determine its condition under a number of funding
<read abstract and links to full article>
An abstract has been added to the Usage Article section titled "HDM-4 adaptation for strategic analysis of UK local roads" which describes a project conducted for the Department for Transport, UK to perform a strategic analysis of the network.
<read abstract and links to full article>
- HDM-4 Version 2 - Enhanced Reporting Templates: The HDM-4 Version 2 range of reports has been enhanced with some new reports for programme and strategy analysis, and reports to improve the ability for users to export data for external use in other applications such as Excel. See the Software Updates page for more information.
- HDMGlobal introduces a
new Associate Member: IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
About IKRAM: IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd's main activity is to provide pavement and bridge data collection services to Roads Authorities including the Malaysian Public Works Department (PWD) and Malaysian Highway Authority. Their fleet includes two laser profilers, three Falling Weight Deflectometers and a Friction tester. IKRAM witnessed the introduction of HDM4 in the 1999 PIARC Conference in Kuala Lumpur and hosted the 'HDM4 Train the Trainers' programme in June 2000. In 2001, in collaboration with ARRB Transport Research Ltd, University of Birmingham and TRL Ltd, IKRAM undertook a project for the Malaysian Public Works Department to establish HDM-4 as the tool for managing the Malaysian Federal Roads network. A similar project was carried out for the Malaysian Highway Authority in 2003 to enable MHA monitor the condition of the highways more effectively. IKRAM has been supporting both the PWD and MHA in their application HDM-4 since. IKRAM are involved in actively promoting HDM-4 use in the management of the State and Local road networks.
<Visit IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd's website>
The popular networking site LinkedIn is becoming
an increasingly convienient way for people to interact
with each other. With this in mind HDMGlobal has
created several groups to enable users of LinkedIn
to have discussions on HDM-4. We hope you will come
and join in the discussions:
HDM-4 User Group on LinkedIn
HDM-4 En Espaņol
Exceeds 1500 licence Sales*** HDMGlobal is
pleased to announce that sales of HDM-4 Version
2 have now exceeded 1500 licences to over
100 countries. With its evolving functionality
and high reliability HDM-4 Version 2 has over the
seven years since its launch shown itself to be,
with sustained level of sales, the internationally
recognised software tool for conducting project
appraisals and analyses for road management and
investment alternatives. The customers include government
departments, construction agencies, research agencies,
funding/development banks, individual consultants,
Universities and training organisations.
Through the HDM-4 User Group meetings, workshops and presentations made by third parties at conferences we have seen HDM-4 used in a wide range of projects and a selection of these can be seen by downloading the presentations and articles from the free downloads area of the HDMGlobal website, or by viewing the example usage articles.
HDMGlobal would encourage any HDM-4 practitioner to write a short article to highlight how they have used HDM-4 successfully in a project they have been involved with and these will be profiled on the website. Please send to email@example.com
- World Road Congress. Mexico
City - 26th - 30th September 2011
HDMGlobal were present at
the PIARC World Road Congress 2011 in Mexico City.
There were two HDM-4 workshops organised during
the week, one introducing HDMGlobal and HDM-4 to
potential and new users, and the second included
6 presentations from existing HDM-4 users giving
details of how they have used the software and their
experience of applying it to a number of projects,
mainly in South America, but one presentation from
These workshops were a great success with ~60 people attending the first workshop, and ~130 people attending the second.
PIARC also kindly allocated space on their pavillion in the exhibition centre dedicated to HDM-4. This enabled HDMGlobal members Eric Stannard and Robert Mesnard, with help from Ricardo Solario (Mexican Instituite of Transport) and several of his colleagues, to meet existing HDM-4 users and to discuss HDM-4 to those interested in using the software.
< ... XXIVth World Road Congress ... >
Robert Mesnard (HDMGlobal/EGIS) talking to visitors in the HDM-4 area of the PIARC pavillion in the exhibition hall Robert Mesnard (HDMGlobal/EGIS) and Eric Stannard (HDMGlobal) waiting to meet and greet HDM-4 users in the PIARC pavillion Ricardo Solario (Mexican Institute of Transport) speaking at the HDM-4 Workshop: Introduction to HDM-4 Standing room only at the HDM-4 Workshop: HDM-4 for Users
- HDM-4 Version 1.x Users IMPORTANT PLEASE READ : under the terms of the agreement HDMGlobal agreement with PIARC, technical support for HDM-4 Version 1.x will be available for the first year only. Therefore existing HDM-4 Version 1.x users should be aware that support for this version of the software will cease on 1st August 2006. Please contact the HDMGlobal sales team for a quote or more details <...contact the sales team...>
- PIARC have signed an agreement with HDMGlobal who are now responsible for the management and exclusive distribution of the HDM-4 software for the next five years. The consortium is a partner between the Highway Management Research Group, a UK based association of the University of Birmingham, and ...... <read full details...>